6 Best Wholesale Clothing Suppliers in Australia in 2023
- Australia’s Population
- Internet and Social Media Users in Australia
- Australia’s eCommerce Landscape
- Best Wholesale Clothing Suppliers in Australia
- Welborne Corporate
- Williamson International
- Work Rest and Play
- Hemp Co Clothing
- In a nutshell
Whether you’re running a brick-and-mortar shop or an eCommerce website, the search for a reliable wholesale supplier will always be one of those processes that requires an accurate strategy in order to get the best out of it.
The inventory of a business is one of its core values that directly affect its overall success. Simply said, if you’re a business that offers rather ordinary or low-quality items sourced from unreliable suppliers, such as Chinese dropshipping suppliers, you’ll likely have fewer chances of attracting customers and making sales. Therefore, it’s crucial to you’ll have to carefully select a supplier that’ll provide quality products, on-time delivery, and overall trustworthiness.
When choosing a supplier for a wholesale partnership, it’s important to find one that can provide premium services and a unique experience. For example, if you choose fashion as your winning niche, one thing to remember is to offer a diversified set of products or collections that will target the stylistic eye of the female and male populations.
In order to help you along the way, we’ve created lists of wholesale suppliers and until now have covered:
- wholesale clothing suppliers in the USA
- wholesale clothing suppliers Germany
- wholesale clothing suppliers Canada
- wholesale suppliers in Europe
- wholesale suppliers in the United Kingdom
- Spanish wholesalers
- wholesale clothing in the Netherlands
- wholesale suppliers market in Sweden
- the Belgium wholesale market
- suppliers market in France.
In this article, we’ll focus on an island country that in fact is a continent down under, lying between the waters of the Indian and the Pacific Oceans, and is the sixth-largest country in the world: Australia.
BrandsGateway provides a catalog of thousands of fashion items from luxury brands.
According to the latest Worldometer statistics:
- Australia’s population is estimated at over 26,000,000 as of 2023.
- On a global scale, the population of Australia comprises 0.33% of the world’s total population.
- The country is ranked in 55th place on the list of world countries.
- In addition, 85.9% of the population in this Pacific country is urban or lives in urban areas, while the rest 14.1% of the people live in rural areas.
Internet and Social Media Users in Australia
A report from Datareportal states:
- 23.60 million people have used the internet in Australia in 2022.
- This number witnessed an increase of 3.4% or 777 thousand people between 2021 and 2022.
- Internet penetration in Australia has reached 91.0% in January 2022.
- 21.45 million people used social media networks in January 2022.
- Out of the total population of Australia, social media users make up 82.7%.
Australia’s eCommerce Landscape
According to a report from Statista:
- The revenue in the eCommerce segment in Australia is estimated to reach US$50.21bn by the end of 2023.
- The annual growth rate or the CAGR is expected to show a growth of 11.10% in 2023-2027. This will result in an estimated market volume of US$76.50bn by 2027.
- By 2027, the number of users in the eCommerce sector is estimated to reach 21.3 million users.
- Finally, the user penetration in Australia is set to reach 76.3% by the end of 2023, and record growth up to 77.8% by 2027.
- Additionally, the average revenue per user or the ARPU is expected to be set at US$2.50k.
According to the Datareportal report previously mentioned:
- 19.45 million Australians purchased a product online.
- The Fashion & Beauty segment is in second place with a generated revenue of US$7.16 billion.
- It’s recorded that this segment has experienced a steep increase which amounted to 20.6%.
Best Wholesale Clothing Suppliers in Australia
The Fashion and Apparel market is constantly expanding, all while adjusting to the demands of the market and the desires of the consumers. Studies conducted by Statista show that the fashion and apparel segment on a global scale will continue to increase and is set to reach a growth of more than 25% by 2027. The Australian fashion market is not far behind, expected to reach over US$12 billion in 2023.
Due to the fact that Australia is a big market and a key country in the region of Oceania, you’ll definitely need a well-established strategy that’ll attract your potential audience and bring you even more clients on your slate. In order to achieve all this, you’ll need to start looking for the most appropriate wholesale supplier to help you with the execution of your strategy. Hence, we have compiled this list of suppliers that will help you find the most suitable one and earn your place on the market.
Register for free, start selling BrandsGateway's catalog, and skyrocket your sales.
If you’re interested in assembling your store inventory from scratch and want a reliable supplier that’ll offer an extensive list of high-quality products, then BrandsGateway is the right supplier to start wholesale buying from.
- This wholesale supplier has a wide range of luxury fashion products from 120 luxury brands that’ll bring uniqueness to your fashion store and create a diversified inventory that’ll definitely play well in the eyes of potential customers.
- By subscribing to their services, you’ll be able to get access to the +9,,000 high-fashion items that cover clothing for both women and men.
- In addition, all these products come with an authenticity assurance of 100%.
- The minimum order quantity or the MOQ amounts to $1200/€1000 which can be reached almost immediately.
- Other options that BrandsGateway is offering are the Pick and Mix feature, which allows you to make your own selection of branded clothes, or the prepackaged lots that consist of items that are on discount and have been already selected by the supplier itself.
- UPS, FedEx, and DHL are responsible for on-time delivery and by paying a fee starting from only $15, you’ll get a shipping service that is secure, reliable, and very fast.
- At last, BrandsGateway also offers a return policy that lasts 7 days and begins once the package has reached its destination. The return policy also covers items that have been damaged in the process of shipping or items that were shipped wrongly.
Moogully is a wholesale clothing supplier in Australia specializing in promotional clothing.
- You can find anything from t-shirts, shirts, sports clothes, safety wear, school uniforms, office attire, corporate clothing, caps, hospitality uniforms, hats, polo shirts, skimpy shirts, singlets, reflective vests, workwear, healthcare uniforms, and many more.;
- All of these items can be custom-made and personalized in order to meet the criteria of companies that want to introduce a uniform working culture;
- Moogully can also provide services such as embroidery and screenprinting.
Welborne Corporate is another wholesale clothing supplier from Australia that covers the field of corporate clothing.
- The supplier is headquartered in the city of Brisbane, Queensland;
- All garments are mainly intended for the staff that works in companies;
- Apparel items can be custom-made and designed to fit your staff landscape.
If you’re looking for a wholesale supplier in Australia in the segment of school uniforms, you should definitely check Williamson International.
- The company is a manufacturer, wholesaler, and distributor of school uniforms throughout the whole territory of Australia;
- Thye have their own line of uniforms that can be also appropriately branded.
Next on the list of wholesale clothing suppliers in Australia is Work Rest and Play.
- Headquartered in Mentone, Victoria, this supplier specializes in plus-size clothing for women;
- In their offer, you can find numerous items that are mainly suitable for large-figured women in different categories that include sleepwear, bridal wear, shapewear, plus-size jeans, plus-size dresses, and many more.
Another wholesale clothing supplier that made it on this list of suppliers for Australia is Hemp Co Clothing.
- Interestingly enough, this supplier specializes in the production of items that are made of hemp;
- In their assortment, you can find various products covering categories such as skincare, food, face masks, pets, and clothing;
- In essence, their clothing line is hand-picked to be in accordance with the condition in Australia.
In a nutshell
Investing a great deal of your time and money in the process of building your inventory will definitely prove to be a real game-changer in terms of success. In today’s market conditions, you should probably think ten steps ahead of everyone while preparing a strategy for penetration. The important thing to remember is that inventory will always be the core value that’ll either incentivize growth or be the main reason for putting you out of business in the worst-case scenario.
Therefore, selecting a reliable supplier that’ll provide high-quality items and help you in building up a competitive inventory is one of the imperatives in the process of starting your own business. In fact, this list of wholesale suppliers can be your initial guide in finding your perfect wholesale supplier in Australia and becoming a successful venture on the market.
About the Author
Content writer and music fanatic. Always using song lyrics as inspiration for my words.