The Ultimate Shopify Dropshipping Guide
- What is Shopify?
- What services does Shopify offer?
- How much are the Shopify dropshipping pricing plans?
- How do I start dropshipping on Shopify 2022?
- Dropshipping with Shopify and BrandsGateway
- Keep learning with Shopify resources
- Is Shopify good for dropshipping?
- Is Shopify good for beginners?
- How profitable is Shopify dropshipping?
Dropshipping on Shopify is the hot business model for entrepreneurs who are just entering the eCommerce industry. It has its pros and cons, but the essential plus that attracts the newbies in the industry is the fast and easy set-up and management of an online store even without having extensive knowledge in the area. That’s why, according to these statistics, up to 33% of online stores have chosen dropshipping as their business method.
As many would agree, dropshipping can be run as a second job because you won’t have to spend much of your time and energy around it. But don’t get your hopes up so early. This can be achievable, but only if you have a carefully thought-out plan for your store. So here comes the crucial question: “Have you heard of Shopify?” If not, read carefully, and learn every detail of this guide because it’ll help you run your Shopify dropshipping store effortlessly.
With BrandsGateway's dropshipping service, you can start earning profits in the blink of an eye.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a Canadian eCommerce company, widely known to empower online entrepreneurs by providing them with an all-in-one platform that enables setting up, managing, and growing their online businesses.
It provides a plethora of advantages to online retailers, covering diverse payment, eCommerce marketing tools, shipping, and customer engagement features and apps, designed to streamline the process of opening, operating, and expanding a dropshipping business.
What services does Shopify offer?
The greatest thing about Shopify is the fact that it’s been designed by having in mind both beginners and more experienced entrepreneurs that are ready to tackle the eCommerce market. Shopify offers clients tons of user-friendly built-in features anyone can work around.
The main features the platform provides are:
- Online store + dropshipping blog
- Staff accounts (the number depends on the pricing plan)
- 24/7 support
- Sales channels
- Locations (the number depends on the pricing plan)
- Manual order creation
- Discount codes
- Free SSL certificate
- Abandoned cart recovery
- Gift cards
- Shopify integrations with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Amazon (check out Shopify vs. Amazon dropshipping), SaveMySales, Hubspot, Klayvio, Optimonk, Zapier, Facebook, Instagram, and many more
- Free and paid Shopify dropshipping apps and Shopify live support apps
How much are the Shopify dropshipping pricing plans?
As of today, Shopify offers three main pricing plans, but if you’re unsure which one to choose, you can always opt for the free trial and choose your subscription package later.
- Basic plan – $24/month with 2.9% + 30¢ per online transaction – includes all the above-mentioned main features with two staff accounts and four locations, it’s mainly designed for starting up a new business as it covers the basics that your store needs for a good start.
- Shopify plan – $69/month with 2.6% + 30¢ per online transaction – includes everything you need for a growing business. More precisely, it covers the entire package of main features, five staff accounts, five locations, professional reports, shipping, and payment benefits.
- Advanced plan – $299/month – with 2.4% + 30¢ per online transaction – comprises all the features from the other 2 plans, 15 staff accounts, and eight locations. Additionally, the advanced plan includes an advanced report builder and third-party calculated shipping rates.
How do I start dropshipping on Shopify 2022?
STEP 1: Create a Shopify Account
- Go to shopify.com/signup;
- Fill out your email address, password, and your store’s name (if you struggle with the name, on the page for building your brand, you can also generate a business name and create a free logo.);
- Click on “Create your store”;
- Provide the rest of the information the platforms asks for;
- Click on “Enter my store.”
STEP 2: Customize your online store
Once you have chosen a name and a supplier that ensures integration with your Shopify store, you can get your creative juices flowing. Shopify offers free and paid themes for Shopify web design as well as all kinds of pages (Homepage, Product pages, About Us, Contact Us, FAQ, etc.) you can include on your website.
- Go to the side menu;
- Click on “Online Store”;
- Select “Themes” to choose from the best Shopify dropship themes and click on the other fields to further customize your site.
STEP 3: Buy a domain
There are a few options for buying and setting up your online store domain.
- On your homepage, click on “Add domain”;
- You get to generate a name for your store which will be added to the ‘my.shopifystore.com’ domain – the end result will be your-store-name.myshopify.com.
- If you have already bought a domain for your store from a third-party provider, you can transfer it and connect it to your store by clicking on “Connect existing domain.”
- Purchase a domain from Shopify by clicking on “Buy new domain.”
- You get to keep the domain even if you decide to leave the platform.
STEP 4: Choose your payment options
- Open “Settings” on your homepage.
- Click on “Payments” in order to set up your dropshipping payment gateways.
STEP 5: Add your products
- Select “Products” from the menu;
- Go to “Add product”;
- Provide product data such as title, description, shipping info, price, images, price, etc.;
- Click on “Save product.”
STEP 6: Optimize your online store
One of the most important things in setting up a Shopify store is optimizing it. It doesn’t matter if you have the most attractive products in your store, if you don’t optimize them, you can lose valuable customers. Shopify got this covered as well.
The platform has ready-made SEO for Shopify dropshipping features that allow you to write your store’s meta title and meta description which are vital for your search engine rankings. In addition, by opening the “Apps” field, you’ll come across a wide variety of apps you can add to your store. You will also find these in the Shopify App Store.
STEP 7: Launch your store
To make your Shopify store go live, make sure to remove your password:
- Go to the “Online Store”;
- Click on “Preferences”;
- Navigate to “Password Protection”;
- Uncheck the field “Enable password.”
Dropshipping with Shopify and BrandsGateway
In order to secure constantly incoming dropshipping sales, it’s best to connect your Shopify with a dropshipping supplier that’ll offer you premium products of the highest quality, seamless customer service, great profit margins, and a fully automated dropshipping system, someone like BrandsGateway.
The process is designed to be pretty simple and easy so everyone could join BrandsGateway and directly import their catalog to their store within a couple of hours. The automation plugin that the company provides ensures smooth integration with all Shopify-based clothing stores. In addition, the plugin’s main benefits include automatic inventory updates and automatic order placement, something every dropshipper would certainly love to benefit from.
Register for free, start selling BrandsGateway's catalog, and skyrocket your sales.
BrandsGateway provides customers with convenient Shopify integration that can be done by following only a few steps:
- Register an account at https://brandsgateway.com/register/.
- Open https://apps.shopify.com/brandsgateway-app.
- Click on ‘Add App’ and install BrandsGateway App in your Shopify store.
- Choose a dropshipping package.
- Import BrandsGateway’s product catalog.
Keep learning with Shopify resources
Your journey with Shopify doesn’t end once you’ve set up and launched your online store. Shopify is a platform that not only helps you start your dropshipping business from scratch but also improves and expands it. To support you in building a winning dropshipping business, Shopify has diverse beneficial resources at hand. You can visit courses on Compass and learn how to grow a profitable business, hear e-commerce advice and dropshipping tips on Masters podcasts, read articles, and explore guides on Shopify’s blog.
If you want to enter the dropshipping industry quickly and safely without losing valuable time on building an online store by yourself, Shopify dropshipping is the solution. Shopify is a user-friendly and easy-to-use platform that includes many built-in features but also offers the possibility of simple integration with diverse third-party tools. In other words, it’s the perfect platform for anyone to open and grow a winning dropshipping business smoothly.
Yes, Shopify is quite a user-friendly platform, especially when it comes to beginners to dropshippers that are just getting to know how the business functions.
Yes, dropshipping on Shopify is definitely profitable. With over 1,000,000 merchants actively using the platform from over 175 countries worldwide, it speaks volumes about Shopify’s moneymaking nature.
About the Author
Kristina, Head of Content at BrandsGateway. Eternal inspiration: The Doors music and lyrics, Bernardo Bertolucci's timeless “Stealing Beauty”, and the dynamic and meditative Ashtanga Yoga.