Where to Buy Wholesale Clothing for Your Clothing Store in 2023
- Selling online vs. selling in a retail store
- Verified vs. unverified wholesale clothing distributors
- What red flags allude to unverified suppliers?
- What features verified wholesale clothing suppliers have?
- BrandsGateway – A verified supplier of wholesale designer clothing
- In a nutshell
- Learn more:
One of the main strategies of owning a clothing store, regardless if it’s online or brick-and-mortar, is “buy low, sell high”. To clarify, this approach encompasses buying products in bulk at lower prices and selling them at higher prices. However, in order to develop and effectively execute this strategy, it’s important to learn where to buy wholesale apparel for your store.
If you’re a newbie owner of an online or brick-and-mortar clothing store and are reflecting on how and where to buy wholesale clothing, you can stop wandering around. We have the answer, and we’ll explain it in detail in this article.
We’ll start by setting the difference between selling online and selling in a retail store, draw a clear distinction between unverified and verified wholesale suppliers, and finally, educate you on where to buy wholesale clothing for your boutique as well as emphasize where not to.
Selling online vs. selling in a retail store
Both selling online and selling in a retail store differ from one another and share these distinctions and similarities:
- Store costs: Physical store owners are required to endure rent costs, while online store owners are obliged to pay for services provided by web-building platforms that allow them to get their store online.
- Payment methods: Selling online requires customers to make online purchases through a payment gateway or a credit card, while in a physical store, consumers buy items in person.
- Customer interaction: Brick-and-mortar stores are based on face-to-face customer communication, while online stores often establish social-media-based interactions.
- Product supplying: No matter if you decide to tap into the eCommerce industry or invest in opening up a physical store, either way, you would have to equip your business with larger quantities of items that you would buy wholesale.
- Finding wholesalers: Regardless of your store type, you’ll need to establish a long-term relationship with a wholesale clothing distributor. This way you will be able to build and grow a successful clothing business and become a reputable seller.
- Customer engagement: Customers prefer shopping with both business models, meaning, whichever you choose, with the right strategies in place, you’re bound to build a strong customer base.
BrandsGateway provides a catalog of thousands of fashion items from luxury brands.
Verified vs. unverified wholesale clothing distributors
When planning to open a retail or start an online boutique, the thing you should put in the center of attention is avoiding being tricked into buying wholesale clothing at suspicious places. You need to ensure that the suppliers you collaborate with are the right ones for your clothing store so that you can offer high-quality items and be able to set your retail prices appropriately. So, here are some useful tips you should carefully consider as you make a decision on where you buy wholesale clothing for your store.
What red flags allude to unverified suppliers?
Many people enter the clothing industry with the notion to start raking in profits instantly. They start their online or brick-and-mortar business to bring in quick money, thus looking for the easiest way to get clothing supplies for their shops. This could result in a major failure. Putting the desire for making money fast first can lead to some bad judgment calls.
On the other side, there are also inexperienced newbies who don’t know where they’re headed and start making wrong choices. These put their businesses in jeopardy because they’re unfamiliar with the industry tricks. Both categories of business owners have one thing in common – they choose to buy wholesale clothing for their stores from unverified places.
Here are a few suspicious activities that could imply whether a supplier is trustworthy enough, especially when it comes to selling branded clothing and accessories:
- No product authenticity: A wholesale supplier that doesn’t ensure product authenticity, and supposedly sells branded clothing and accessories without authentic packaging and tags is most likely to be a supplier that sells replicas.
- Not enough recognition: Another suspicious supplier that could raise a red flag is one that isn’t recognized in the clothing industry and about who you can’t find any customer reviews for their services online.
- No brand manufacturer details on the product packaging: A verified supplier will always put his real warehouse address and contact information on the package delivered to you, therefore you can double-check the authenticity of the provided information at any time.
What features verified wholesale clothing suppliers have?
To avoid scamming wholesale clothing suppliers, you’ll need to make your business legit first. Depending on where you’re based, you’ll need to explore what is needed for obtaining a license or permit for your boutique business. Ensure to follow the rules and regulations in your country to avoid any legal issues and penalties. Once you’re a registered owner of an online boutique, you can report fraudulent activities.
Here are the features all verified suppliers should have:
- Registered suppliers: Same as you, the majority are registered wholesale suppliers who’re working hard to make a decent living.
- Great customer service: Verified suppliers invest in the relationships they build with their customers and do their best to offer boutique owners fair deals and offer them superior customer service.
- Constant catalog updates: Wholesale suppliers that are worth pursuing stay on top of the latest trends in the wholesale industry.
- Collaborations with good shipping couriers: Trustworthy suppliers collaborate with premium courier companies to provide fast and secure dispatch, shipping, and delivery services.
- Directory supplier lists: The majority of reputable wholesale suppliers invest in listing themselves in online supplier directories. These directories don’t just allow anyone to put their business name on the list. Their suppliers undergo a thorough authentication and verification process before appearing on their business lists. Therefore, supplier directories are one of the safest places to look for suppliers for your boutique. Once you locate them, you can make a fair deal for buying clothing at wholesale prices from them.
BrandsGateway – A verified supplier of wholesale designer clothing
When talking about where you can equip your online or brick-and-mortar store with clothing and accessories, we mustn’t forget to mention wholesale supplier BrandsGateway, a leading B2B wholesale vendor, offering customers products from famous luxury brands and designers. Currently, in their portfolio of clients, BrandsGateway has thousands of clothing boutiques, which is proof of their premium delivery of services. And if you want real proof of BrandsGateway’s professionalism and dedication, you can always check out reviews from their wide network of customers online.
Register for free, start selling BrandsGateway's catalog, and skyrocket your sales.
You can start buying wholesale with BrandsGateway in a matter of minutes, by registering on their sign-up page and choosing your preferred brands and categories. This wholesale clothing distributor offers a convenient wholesale program with numerous advantages for boutique owners, including:
- Easy ordering by registering at BrandsGateway
- Competitive prices and 100% authentic designer products
- Access to the latest items from over 100 worldwide renowned brands
- Chance to sell +10,000 types of branded clothing and accessories
- High-profit product margins of up to 250%
- Special offers and discounts
- Convenient dropshipping returns
- Fast dispatch, shipping, and delivery times
In a nutshell
The biggest advantage of wholesale sourcing is that you get to buy in large amounts at lower prices. Buying men’s and women’s wholesale clothing is not a tedious task if you invest some effort to do it properly. That’s why finding verified wholesale clothing suppliers is a vital step in this process. However, with the above-mentioned tips we discussed, you can easily learn your way around buying products wholesale and start ordering items in bulk almost immediately.
- Best wholesale clothing vendors
- European wholesale clothing suppliers
- Worldwide wholesale clothing suppliers
- USA vs. Europe wholesale clothing
- How to start a clothing business with buying wholesale
About the Author
Kristina, Head of Content at BrandsGateway. Eternal inspiration: The Doors music and lyrics, Bernardo Bertolucci's timeless “Stealing Beauty”, and the dynamic and meditative Ashtanga Yoga.