ChatGPT for SEO: How Conversational AI Can Improve Your Fashion Store’s Performance
The recent release of the newest AI breakthrough, the chatbot ChatGPT, has gotten everyone excited about what such revolutionary advancement holds for eCommerce stores.
Online companies are already using existing artificial intelligence for conducting day-to-day operations, but with software programs as sophisticated as ChatGPT, they’re expected to rely even more on the convenience this chatbot offers.
One of the many things ChatGPT has shown impressive results with is being used as an SEO tool. Optimizing your clothing dropshipping store for SEO involves a great deal of research. With ChatGPT, however, you can get tremendous help with dealing with time-consuming SEO practices.
How, you wonder? We’ll cover that part in the next sections of this article.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an open-source AI chatbot that allows users to engage in human-like conversations. The platform is one of the most robust language models ever created, designed to answer questions and even generate solutions to complex tasks such as writing an article, providing translations, solving math equations, and even writing and debugging codes, to name a few.
The tool was developed by the non-profit research laboratory OpenAI and launched on November 30, 2022. The newest version of the chatbot, GPT-4, was released on March 14, 2023.
Is GPT free?
ChatGPT can be used free of charge. However, starting February 1, 2023, OpenAi introduced ChatGPT Plus, a paid version with a $10/month subscription plan.
How can you use ChatGPT for SEO optimization?
1. Facilitate keyword research
Keywords are the driving force behind your eCommerce store. In a nutshell, these are the search queries customers use when browsing for your products on search engines. And that’s why, targeting the ones relevant to your store is of paramount importance.
There are hundreds of tools and platforms that make it possible to identify keywords suitable for your buyer persona: Ahrefs, Semrush, Jungle Scout, Moz, and the list goes on and on.
But what makes ChatGPT so convenient for keyword research, even though it doesn’t offer important features such as keyword volume, is the fact that it can generate a massive pile of potential keywords to target, a good amount of which are yet to be discovered by competitors.
How to use ChatGPT for keyword research?
To give you a better picture of how you can take advantage of ChatGPT for keyword research, let’s take a look at a few prompts you can use and the answers the chatbot will generate for us.
For instance, we used the prompt ‘Give me a list of 30 keywords on the topic “luxury clothing store.”’
And here are the results we got:
Moreover, once you’ve selected the main keywords you’d like to target, you can go ahead and ask the platform to generate LSI keywords as well, which are equally important to scatter within your website. To illustrate, we requested the following: ‘Give me 10 matching keywords to the keyword “luxury clothing.”’
And GPT provided us with this:
Keep in mind, however, that once you’ve assembled a list of potential keywords, it’s recommended to continue your research using one of the tools mentioned above just so you can check the keywords’ volume and difficulty and know how to proceed further.
Recommended read: Amazon and eBay Keyword Tools
2. Optimize site content
Keywords alone won’t help you drive any significant traffic as they go hand-in-hand with your website’s content. If your clothing store lacks well-optimized content, you won’t get much far, we’re afraid.
Search engines have become incredibly smart in scanning eCommerce stores’ contents, constantly looking for high-quality and user-friendly websites, making sure they deliver users only the best of the best search results. And if you fail to meet these expectations, Google and other browsers won’t be giving your store a good ranking.
Here’s where ChatGPT comes into play. So, keep reading to find out how the chatbot can help you generate SEO-optimized content.
How to use ChatGPT for content optimization?
Generating any type of content can sometimes be exhausting. ChatGPT can get you out of your creative block and save you plenty of time by providing you with tons of content ideas you can use immediately to improve your store. Here are a few ideas on how to reap excellent content suggestions:
- Product descriptions. Well-curated product descriptions will influence customers into buying products and increase your clothing store’s credibility. ChatGPT can help you generate creative outlines you can use as a base for writing a converting description.
Here’s a prompt you can use: ‘Can you create a product description for the product “Dolce & Gabbana leather handbag”?’
- Meta descriptions and title tags. Title tags and meta descriptions provide customers with a short outline of your website’s content, giving them an idea of what to expect when they click on your link. ChatGPT can give you plenty of good ideas on how to make them informative and captivating at the same time.
For example, you can give the following prompts a try:
‘Can you create a meta description for the blog post “Best Luxury Clothing Brands to Shop in 2023”?’
‘Can you give me title tag ideas for the blog post “Best Luxury Clothing Brands to Shop in 2023”?’
- Blog post ideas. Blogging is a great way to increase your clothing dropshipping store’s organic traffic, educate readers on topics related to your clothing dropshipping niche, build a close relationship with your customers, and, of course, increase your SEO score. Use ChatGPT to brainstorm trending blog post ideas that can help you generate leads.
To demonstrate, we went ahead and typed the prompt ‘Can you give me blog post ideas for the keyword “trending clothing articles”?’ and here’s what the outcome was:
Additionally, you can even use ChatGPT to optimize existing articles by using prompts such as:
‘What topics are missing in this article “X”?’
‘What other keywords should I cover in this article “X”?’
- Frequently asked questions. Addressing FAQs is exceptionally important as these are the queries your customers type in the most in search engines. ChatGPT is capable of drafting a list of numerous questions and answers you can use to build a highly informative FAQ section. To give you an example, we’ve used this prompt:
‘Can you generate an FAQ section about my clothing store selling luxury fashion?’
3. Assemble email marketing campaign
Email marketing is a vital part of every dropshipping business’s marketing strategy, allowing you to achieve a variety of marketing goals such as generating new leads, increasing customer engagement, collecting feedback, and improving sales rates, to name a few.
ChatGPT can be of great assistance when trying to create high-converting emails and establish strong communication with your customers.
How to use ChatGPT for email marketing?
When used correctly, ChatGPT can boost your marketing game up a notch by providing you with free and effective tips on how to build a responsive email campaign.
In a lot of cases, the subject lines are the ones that help the recipient decide whether to open the email or not. ChatGPT can generate catchy taglines for you to increase the chances of customers reading your message.
You can try out these prompts:
‘Can you give 10 subject lines ideas for my email about my store’s 40% discount on all clothing?’
‘Can you give 10 subject lines ideas for my email about my clothing store’s upcoming new collection that express urgency?’
However, the body of your email needs to be as inviting as the subject line. By providing the chatbot with all information you want your email to include, ChatGPT can also prepare for you ready-to-use email drafts.
Here’s an example of a prompt:
‘Write a body copy for a product update email. The copy should present my clothing store’s upcoming spring collection and encourage customers to make a purchase. The copy should also contain a catchy subject line and an appealing call-to-action button. The copy shouldn’t be longer than 200 words.’
4. Improve social media traffic
With close to 4.8 billion people using social media platforms, it’s indispensable to keep your store’s social media accounts active at all times. ChatGPT can offer you an eclectic mix of great ideas and lend you a hand in keeping your posts interesting.
How to use ChatGPT for social media posts?
ChatGPT can facilitate the process of creating engaging and interactive posts by providing you with unique suggestions based on your buyer persona. For example, check out the prompt below:
‘Create 10 promotional Instagram post ideas for this buyer persona:’
- Age: 25-45
- Location: Worldwide
- Shopping interests: clothing from luxury brands
- ‘Write 10 hashtags I can use for my Instagram posts related to luxury clothing.’
- ‘Write 10 funny and engaging Instagram captions for promoting my clothing store.’
5. Generate link building strategy
A massive part of your SEO success will come from building quality backlinks with websites of high authority. Although ChatGPT isn’t an outreach specialist that will be able to build those links for you, it can offer you helpful tips on how to build link-building strategies that’ll bring you fruitful results.
How to use ChatGPT for link building?
ChatGPT can share with you countless link-building practices. For instance, take a look at the following prompts:
- ‘What are the best free and paid link-building platforms?’
- ‘Give me a list of 10 clothing blogs that accept guest posting.’
- ‘Give me a list of 10 high-authority fashion blogs with a domain rating of 60-80.’
On top of that, ChatGPT is a great way to generate concise outreach emails once you find potential link-building collaborators:
‘Write an email for the owner of this blog https://www.hellofashionblog.com/ and ask them if they’re interested in a link exchange collaboration. Address the email to Christine.’
What are the benefits and limitations of ChatGPT?
Even though ChatGPT has been making massive breakthroughs in AI technology, it’s still far from being immune to errors. Despite offering you outstanding help with SEO for dropshippers, ChatGPT shouldn’t be the only tool you rely on.
So, let’s compare the benefits and challenges of using ChatGPT for SEO.
- Providing keyword research
- Determining keyword search intent
- Optimizing website content (product descriptions, title tags, meta descriptions, FAQs, blog post ideas, etc.)
- Finding high authority websites for potential link exchanges
- Drafting outreach emails for link building
- Writing email copy
- Generating social media post ideas, captions, hashtags, etc.
- Can provide inaccurate information
- Can provide repetitive content that’s not original
- Lacks the ability to create personalized content for your clothing brand
- Generated content can be detected by Google as computer-generated, which may lead to penalties
Is ChatGPT the holy grail for SEO?
Can ChatGPT help you facilitate a few SEO tasks? Yes.
Can ChatGPT alone help you optimize your site for SEO? Not really.
There’s no doubt that ChatGPT will have an immensely positive impact on eCommerce businesses. As we’ve seen in this article, it can provide you with exceptional assistance in growing your store.
However, keep in mind that ChatGPT is far from being the ultimate tool for both SEO and completing other tasks relevant to your business.
At the end of the day, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t reap all the benefits the platform provides. On the other hand, nevertheless, don’t rely on it 100%, but instead, use ChatGPT in combination with marketing tools proven to be accurate and human experts that have years of experience in the field.