Best Dropshipping Suppliers in New Zealand
- New Zealand’s Population
- The eCommerce market in New Zealand
- New Zealand eCommerce pandemic restrictions
- New Zealand’s internet usage
- Popular categories in New Zealand’s eCommerce segment
- Popular payment methods in the eCommerce segment in New Zealand
- Steps to begin with your dropshipping store
- Best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand
- Factory Fast
- National Products Fulfillment
- DearJane Medical (DJM)
- Is New Zealand good for dropshipping?
- Is dropshipping profitable in New Zealand?
- Is dropshipping legal in NZ?
- To sum up
Entering the eCommerce market in the current time can be done quite easily with the help of the dropshipping business model. All you have to do is decide what kind of products you’re going to sell and then search for the most suited supplier who’ll take care of your product inventory. Yes, it’s that easy.
With BrandsGateway's dropshipping service, you can start earning profits in the blink of an eye.
Of course, there are some small arrangements that have to be conducted in between these processes that are more of a technical nature. However, once you complete these tasks, you’re good to go on an adventure called “running and managing a dropshipping business.”
We have already talked about the dropshipping suppliers in the following countries:
- UK dropshipping suppliers
- South Africa dropshipping suppliers
- USA dropshipping suppliers
- dropshipping in Switzerland
- dropshipping in Germany
- dropshipping in Italy
- dropshipping in France
- dropshipping suppliers Australia
Now, we’ll cover New Zealand, a country that consists of two islands located in the southwestern Pacific ocean. Although a small country, New Zealand is one of the best countries to dropship to and its dropshipping market is enough saturated so if you want to have an advantage in starting your venture here, you might want to think hard about the niche you’re going to choose for your business.
But first things first, let’s look at some statistics in order to better understand the market movements and then move to list some of the best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand.
New Zealand’s Population
According to the newest Worldometers data:
- The number of inhabitants of New Zealand is circa 4,9 million as of 2022.
- The country is ranked in 126th place according to the population index.
- Up to 86.9% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
The eCommerce market in New Zealand
According to the latest data:
- The New Zealand global eCommerce market has a revenue amounting to US$5.68bn in 2022.
- The market expansion is set to proceed in the next years with a projection that the CAGR (compound annual growth rate) for the period of five years will amount to 17.39%.
- Furthermore, an additional indicator of the saturated market in New Zealand is the 64.9% user penetration rate, expected to rise to 3.3m users by 2027.
Register for free, start selling BrandsGateway's catalog, and skyrocket your sales.
New Zealand eCommerce pandemic restrictions
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, New Zealand introduced stricter rules regarding the eCommerce sector, prohibiting online shopping for non-essential products amid the surge in cases and major lockdowns in the period of March-April 2020. The rules, however, created an increasing trend of ordering items from overseas countries, as international sellers were still permitted to ship their products to this Southern Pacific country.
Although the newly arisen situation faced a backlash from the domestic eCommerce vendors, the international companies started to take advantage and explore the market even more, by offering products that weren’t provided domestically. As a result, international eCommerce sales have skyrocketed and US merchants have seen a 168% increase in sales volume in this sector only in April 2020. The most demanded products were from the fashion segment or clothing, sportswear, and footwear.
With this in mind, the nation might now come through with a more diversified range of eCommerce companies, as many of the brick-and-mortar shops are starting to transfer their products to online stores. Another great thing is that the government vowed to raise domestic sales in eCommerce by announcing a $6.4 million investment capital aimed at improving the eCommerce market.
New Zealand’s internet usage
The latest statistics display that:
- As of January 2022, there were 4.63 million internet users in New Zealand.
- In other words, about 94% of the population in New Zealand was actively using the internet this year.
- Between 2021 and 2022 the number of internet users increased by 79,000 or 1.7%.
Popular categories in New Zealand’s eCommerce segment
According to Statista, here are the most popular product categories in the New Zealand online market in 2022:
- Fashion with US$1.50bn
- Toys, Hobby & DIY with US$0.98bn
- Electronics with US$0.93bn
- Furniture with US$856.60m
- Beauty, Health, Personal & Household Care US$536.90m
- Beverages US$496.60m
- Food with US$253.40m
Popular payment methods in the eCommerce segment in New Zealand
A study conducted by JP Morgan reports that:
- The primary method of payment for New Zealanders in online shopping is card payment, accounting for 55% of payments.
- Bank transfers are also on the rise in particular with the “buy now, pay later” services, used by 25% of online buyers in 2020.
As a result, as stated by Global Data:
- ATM cash withdrawals have been reduced by 20.9% in 2020 and 5.9% in 2021.
Steps to begin with your dropshipping store
Find the right products to dropship
In order to begin the process of planning your business journey with the dropshipping model, you need to make thorough research that’ll help you along the way. From assessing which products have the best value to encountering the most profitable items, it’s very important to follow certain guidelines that’ll ensure a smooth sail in the dropshipping sea.
Conduct a product research
You can use tools such as Google Trends in order to determine which are the most profitable items to sell and pick up an idea for tailoring your web store. In fact, this free tool is all you need to get an initial glimpse of all market trends and behaviors.
Selecting a niche
The next thing you need to do is select your niche. This step is important in order to decide whether you want to cover a wider market audience or narrow down your consumers and attract a specific group with carefully selected products. Of course, be careful to select a niche that you’re passionate about or at least have sufficient knowledge to assess each aspect of it.
Perform a competitor’s audit
Finally, in order to find out more about the current niche, you need to look deeper into the already established businesses. A detailed competitor evaluation is particularly important because it can give you a nice overview of certain market trends. Regardless, it’s always good to have a hold of information on whether you can match or even surpass the competitor’s prices while still earning a reasonable amount of profit.
Best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand
Now that you are all set in terms of technical aspects, the last thing you need to do is decide who’ll supply the inventory of your store. The search for the best dropshipping supplier in New Zealand might end with this thorough list of suppliers that’ll alleviate your quest.
The top place on this guide of dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand is BrandsGateway. The company offers a very unique set of luxury branded products for both women and men, including dropshipping shoes, bags, jewelry, watches, accessories, and clothing.
- This supplier offers over 100 luxury brands among which are Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Gucci, and Jimmy Choo;
- Expect to earn a profit margin of up to 250% per order;
- You’ll benefit from a convenient automated solution for Shopify-based stores accessible via the BrandsGateway’s Shopify App, for Shift4Shop stores via the BrandsGateway Shift4Shop App, and Wix stores via the BrandsGateway Wix App, while integration with WooCommerce stores is available by installing a simple plugin.
- The time window for dispatch is no longer than 24-48 hours;
- Fast delivery of 1-3 within the EU and 5-7 days outside the EU;
- You can choose from different shipping methods such as FedEx, DHL, and UPS;
- Their 14-day return policy brings the process a sense of security that the products can be returned in a fair amount of time once they reach the end customer.
This is a dropshipping supplier that has an assortment of products that fall under different niches.
- They’re not a middleman company but cooperate directly with manufacturers;
- You can choose from categories such as Sports & Fitness, Furniture, Home & Lifestyle, DIY & Renovation, Games & Hobbies, Outdoor & Leisure, as well as many others that offer quality products and fair prices.
Next on the list of dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand is the company NP Fulfillment. Although based in Australia, this company offers a dropshipping service with warehouses in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth.
- After your client pays for a product, and NP Fulfillment receives your order, their advanced management system will allow for quick packing of your order after which it is dispatched for shipping.
- Every product is packed so as to ensure that your store’s brand will be easily spotted by the end consumer while receiving the ordered item.
DearJane Medical is a dropshipping supplier selling medical products.
- They offer products related to medical care, aged care, health, recovery, rehabilitation, and others.
- Their ddropshipping service is available for business owners that have their own web stores or are selling on platforms such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Trademe.
- Shipping is performed between 1-5 business days.
- However, if the products that are ordered are bigger, additional time is needed due to inspections for defects, customs preparations, careful packaging, and, at last, special cargo shipping.
The last supplier on the list of dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand is Dropshipzone.
- They provide wholesale and dropshipping services.
- Product categories include apparel, accessories, hardware, kitchenware, and home storage.
- Orders are processed within 3-5 business days;
- Delivery times can vary from 15 to 20 days depending on the location.
New Zealand is without a doubt one of the best countries to dropship to. Having a well-developed eCommerce segment, the country welcomes dropshippers with open hands and offers them an opportunity to work on a great market.
Yes, dropshipping in New Zealand is profitable. With the country’s eCommerce market earning an average revenue per person of US$1.79k, as stated by Statista, it’s obvious that New Zealanders love to shop online.
Yes, dropshipping in New Zealand is legal provided that you adhere to the online selling regulations imposed by the country.
To sum up
Building a dropshipping store from scratch can be quite the journey for every entrepreneur out there in search of the right business model. In fact, a successful dropshipping company would mean a crafty preparation process and resourceful planning in order to guarantee a seamless customer experience.
Therefore, we compiled this entire guide to dropshipping along with the list of dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand in order to bring you one step closer to your desired web store. So, if you decided that dropshipping is the most suitable model for your online venture, the only thing left is to start the process of selecting your dropshipping supplier and then emerge on the eCommerce market.
About the Author
Content writer and music fanatic. Always using song lyrics as inspiration for my words.