Dropshipping is a fantastic business model to help you enter the eCommerce market. The features that make it so preferable to entrepreneurs are without a doubt the not required physical inventory and epic work flexibility.
For that reason, based on your personal needs and business goals, a dropshipping business can be managed both as a full-time job with regular income or a side hustle for additional revenue. Regardless of how you choose to operate your eCommerce venture, you’ll be needing a well-equipped eCommerce platform from where you’ll be managing most parts of your business.
On top of our minds comes Shopify, a SaaS company offering impeccable web-building services for dropshipping stores, supplying you with hundreds of different tools that allow you to build a store from the ground up without demanding to have any tech-savvy skills whatsoever. On that account, the platform became a massive hit, hosting as of today over 4 million websites worldwide.
Knowing this, there’s probably only one question circling your mind: How to start dropshipping on Shopify?
Well, you’ve come to the right place! In the sections to come, we’ll teach more about what Shopify is and the services it offers and provide you with FREE thorough Shopify guides that cover anything from a step-by-step tutorial on building a website and recommended turnkey providers to the absolute best SEO practices, web designs, supporting apps, and dropshipping suppliers.
Table of contents
Top 16 Shopify Email Marketing Apps in 2023
11 Best Shopify Themes for your Clothing Dropshipping Store
10 USA Dropshipping Suppliers for Shopify
15 Best Shopify Apps for Customer Support
8 Best Turnkey Dropshipping Store Providers
10 Tips for Creating the Perfect Shopify Web Design
Top 14 Best Shopify Apps for Dropshippers
Shopify SEO: Best Practices for Your Store
The Ultimate Shopify Dropshipping Guide
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a Canadian eCommerce company, widely known to empower online entrepreneurs by providing them with an all-in-one platform that enables setting up, managing, and growing their online businesses.
It provides a plethora of advantages to online retailers, covering diverse payment, eCommerce marketing tools, shipping, and customer engagement features and apps, designed to streamline the process of opening, operating, and expanding a dropshipping business.
What services does Shopify offer?
The greatest thing about Shopify is the fact that it’s been designed by having in mind, as previously said, both beginners and more experienced entrepreneurs ready to tackle the eCommerce market. Shopify offers clients tons of user-friendly built-in features anyone can work around.
The main features the platform provides are:
- Online store + dropshipping blog
- Staff accounts (the number depends on the pricing plan)
- 24/7 support
- Sales channels
- Locations (the number depends on the pricing plan)
- Manual order creation
- Discount codes
- Free SSL certificate
- Abandoned cart recovery
- Gift cards
- Free and paid Shopify apps
- Shopify integrations with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Amazon, SaveMySales, Hubspot, Klayvio, Optimonk, Zapier, Facebook, Instagram, and many more.
How much are the Shopify dropshipping pricing plans?
Shopify offers three main pricing plans with two alternative solutions, but if you’re unsure which one to choose, you can always opt for the 3-day free trial and choose your subscription package later.
- Basic plan – $32/month with 2.9% + 30¢ per online transaction – includes all the above-mentioned main features with two staff accounts and four locations, it’s mainly designed for starting up a new business as it covers the basics that your store needs for a good start.
- Shopify plan – $92/month with 2.6% + 30¢ per online transaction – includes everything you need for a growing business. More precisely, it covers the entire package of main features, five staff accounts, five locations, professional reports, shipping, and payment benefits.
- Advanced plan – $399/month – with 2.4% + 30¢ per online transaction – comprises all the features from the other 2 plans, 15 staff accounts, and eight locations. Additionally, the advanced plan includes an advanced report builder and third-party calculated shipping rates.
- Shopify starter – $5/month – alternative for dropshippers that don’t necessarily are looking to build a complete eCommerce website, but prefer a simple store and plan to sell via social media, email, or SMS.
- Shopify Plus – starts at $2,000/month – a good option if you’re operating a significantly bigger venture.
Choosing Shopify for your dropshipping store
The eCommerce platform you base your store on will function as the guiding vehicle of your business. And that’s why you need to focus on making a choice that won’t come back and haunt you later down the road.
Shopify doesn’t only assist you in launching a dropshipping store, but it also simplifies and improves your business operations. Our materials on Shopify dropshipping will guide you throughout the whole process, making sure you’re well-informed and prepared to open your Shopify eCommerce store.