ChatGPT for Email Marketing: How can AI Supercharge your Email Campaigns
There’s no doubt that email marketing has become a critical tool for dropshipping businesses, taking customer engagement to a whole new level. From driving traffic and building meaningful relationships with shoppers to offering promotions and sharing valuable content, this marketing strategy is an indispensable source of eCommerce revenue.
And as it turns out, customers actually do like receiving emails that’ll inform them about the latest products their favorite brands have to offer. A 2022 survey carried out in the U.S. states that 79% of millennials and over 50% of Gen Z shoppers are looking forward to getting emails.
However, in order to create truly converting email marketing campaigns, you’ll probably need some kind of assistance to get things rolling. Artificial intelligence tools are one of those things that can certainly help you out in optimizing your emails with ChatGPT leading the way.
In this blog post, we’ll explore how ChatGPT can be used for email marketing and improve your clothing dropshipping store’s overall performance.
Without further delay, let’s jump into it.
What is Chat GPT?
ChatGPT is a robust AI chatbot designed to generate human-like responses to almost all kinds of topics: from answering the most simple to the most complex questions to solving a variety of tasks.
The tool was open to the public starting November 2022 and has since been upgraded with new and more advanced versions.
ChatGPT is completely free to use, although users can benefit from a premium subscription that costs $10/month.
How to use ChatGPT for Email Marketing?
ChatGPT can make preparing your eCommerce email marketing campaign a breeze. From generating practical content to providing helpful feedback, the tool can truly revolutionize your approach to composing emails.
The main tasks ChatGPT can cover for you include:
- Producing relevant subject lines for your emails
- Putting together compelling email content
- Assembling an attractive newsletter
- Expanding your email contacts
- Preparing A/B testings
Let’s take a look at each of them one by one.
Generate email subject lines
Subject lines have an indispensable role in emails as they often disclose a preview of the contents. The more relevant and convincing they are the more likely readers will open your emails and even feel encouraged to take action.
How to generate email subject lines with ChatGPT?
By providing the tool with specific prompts, ChatGPT is able to come up with tons of email subject line ideas that will improve the odds of customers opening your emails.
You can start out with the following ones:
- ‘Can you give X catchy email taglines for my fashion store? ’
- ‘Write X email subject lines about my clothing store’s upcoming collections.’
- ‘Write X email subject lines for my fashion store that express urgency.’
- ‘Give me X email subject lines about my clothing store’s 70% discount.’
Generate email body content
In order to have an effective email marketing campaign, the content of your emails must be highly engaging, personalized to your customers, and most importantly, able to clearly transmit the message you’re trying to convey.
How to generate email body content with ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is capable of composing all kinds of emails for promoting your online boutique, including welcome, follow-up, promotional, cart abandonment, and cross-sell emails. You can use them as examples based on which you can construct new emails or use them as they are by optimizing them for your products and customers.
Here are some prompt ideas you can use:
- ‘Write body content for a welcome email. The content should include a friendly greeting with a place to insert the recipient’s name, a small introduction paragraph to my clothing brand, and a paragraph encouraging the reader to check out my clothing products. The email should contain a catchy and relevant subject line and should be no longer than 150 words.’
- ‘Write body content for a promotional email about my clothing store’s upcoming clothing collection. The content should be highly engaging and convincing and should highlight my products’ benefits. The email should contain a catchy and relevant subject line and should be no longer than 150 words.’
Create newsletter content
Creating newsletters for your dropshipping store will give you the opportunity to build strong relationships with your customers by providing them with highly personalized content. By sending them out on a weekly basis, newsletters can be an imperative marketing tool for generating leads and keeping regular shoppers content.
How to generate newsletter content with ChatGPT?
To put together compelling newsletter content with ChatGPT, all you need to do is give as detailed a command as possible that’ll include information regarding:
- type of newsletter you’re aiming for
- description of your target audience
- content details
- call-to-action button.
Here’s an example of a prompt for newsletter content:
- ‘Write a newsletter for my fashion store [name of the store]. The audience the newsletter should target is people interested in buying luxury apparel from famous designer houses. The store’s categories include [name your products] from brands [name your brands]. The content of the newsletter should inform my customers about my store’s latest arrivals. The newsletter should contain a catchy and relevant subject line and engaging call-to-action button and should be no longer than 100 words.’
Grow your email list
Growing your community of subscribers allows you to drive significantly more traffic to your website and encourage more dropshipping sales. With that, you’d be able to expand your fashion dropshipping store to different markets, such as in global locations, and enlarge your circle of loyal customers.
How to grow your email list with ChatGPT?
ChatGPT will assist you effortlessly in building up your email list by giving you completely free advice on how to approach new customers and persuade them to become subscribers.
Again, the more specific your prompts are the more detailed the solutions. Try out, for instance, these prompts and see what answers ChatGPT will generate for you:
- ‘Can you give me tips on how to grow my email list? I have a fashion store that sells luxury apparel and my target audience are customers between the ages 18-40.’
- ‘What are the most effective strategies for growing my email list?’
- ‘What are the best ways to get inactive subscribers to engage with my emails?’
- ‘What mistakes should I avoid while building my email list?’
- ‘How can I use social media to increase my email subscribers?’
Assemble A/B testing ideas
A/B testings are massively important for any email campaign as they can help you determine which marketing strategies work best for your customers. Knowing what your target audience responds to the most, you can then continue to optimize your campaigns and make your emails more responsive.
How to generate A/B testing ideas with ChatGPT?
When it comes to executing A/B testing, ChatGPT can provide you with great guidance on how to conduct these tests. It can give you indefinite variations of different elements of your campaign, such as the subject lines, email body, newsletter content, and call-to-action buttons, which you can use to rule out which one is the most effective.
We suggest you give the following prompts a go:
- ‘Can you write different email subject lines I can use for A/B testing? The subject lines are intended for an email campaign that focuses on promoting my fashion store’s newest product arrivals.’
- ‘Can you write different email body copies I can use for A/B testing? The content of the email copy should be of promotional nature and should include engaging sentences that will encourage customers to make a purchase. The content should be intended for my clothing store that sells luxury apparel items.’
Pros and cons of using ChatGPT for email marketing
Although it’s safe to say that ChatGPT is currently one of the most revolutionizing AI tools, the chatbot is far from perfect.
That being said, let’s have a good look at the advantages and limitations of ChatGPT and help you understand how the platform can help you out with your email marketing campaigns but also in what aspects it might not be the best tool to use.
Pros of using ChatGPT for email marketing
- Provides insights into customer behavior. ChatGPT is capable of analyzing your customers’ behaviors and letting you know how they’ve been interacting with your products.
- Generates unique ideas. ChatGPT can generate for you plenty of content ideas for your email campaigns.
- Creates personalized emails. ChatGPT can produce personalized emails by letting the platform know your targeted buyer persona.
- Saves you time and effort. ChatGPT can provide you with email drafts in only a few seconds, saving you tons of time you could invest in other tasks.
- Completely free to use. ChatGPT can be used free of charge, thus potentially saving your business money.
Cons of using ChatGPT for email marketing
- Inadequate to provide original content. ChatGPT doesn’t provide 100% original content as a lot of times you’ll notice that the answers you’ll be getting will become repetitive.
- Lacks in generating high-quality content. Not all content ChatGPT will generate for you will be high-quality and certainly is not guaranteed to be a high-converting one.
- Can’t generate emails tailored to your customers. Even though ChatGPT can generate personalized emails, it will still provide you with generalized content for your fashion audience. You are the only one to know the specifics that can turn your customers around.
How worthwhile is ChatGPT for your email marketing campaign?
When it comes to creating your email campaigns, ChatGPT can offer you plenty of time-saving hacks such as helping you generate email copies, putting together content for newsletters, and assisting you in preparing A/B tests.
However, there’s only so much AI tools can do and ChatGPT is no exception. When relying on ChatGPT solely, chances are you’ll end up with quite average-performing emails for your dropshipping store.
Human expertise is far from being totally replaced by AI. But that doesn’t mean you should completely refrain from using it. Instead, finding a good balance between using ChatGPT and human critical thinking can help you end up with a highly responsive email campaign.