Best Business Podcasts to Listen to in 2022
- The $100 MBA Show
- eCommerce Momentum Podcast
- Planet Money
- Shopify Dropify by the Cut
- Inside out empowerment
- 20 Minutes with Bronwyn
- How I Built This
- All in all
Because of their insightful nature, podcasts have become a favorite broadcasting channel among many, providing them with in-depth information on almost any topic you could think of. While they were barely known that even existed in the last two decades, nowadays podcasts have accumulated a staggeringly high number of users who listen to podcast episodes on a regular if not a daily basis.
To prove my point, according to Statista, in 2006 only 22% of the US adult population was familiar with the podcast industry. Until 2021 that number rose to 78% which came to an estimate of 120 million US podcast users for that year. With a forecasted increase of 20 million new users per year, it’s expected that by 2023 they’d be well over 160 million US users alone. When it comes to the global population, today podcasts are considered to have more than 400 million listeners worldwide.
The reason for this industry’s rise in popularity is the practical way it provides people with useful facts and advice on many subjects. You can tune in while doing your chores for the day and become a master in multitasking. This is especially important to entrepreneurs such as yourself who are planning on starting a fashion business or have already launched their designer clothing stores regardless if it’s an online store, such as a dropshipping business, or a physical store. As a business owner, you’re constantly engaged with your work with little time left to keep on track with the newest business tactics. Therefore, business and eCommerce podcasts might be just the perfect solution that’ll keep you informed at all times and help you get ahead of your competitors.
In this article, we present you with the best business podcasts that’ll offer you the guidance of experts, give you a greater insight into your niche, and fill you in on the latest innovative strategies that’ll elevate your fashion store.
The $100 MBA Show
In the $100 MBA Show, the experienced businessman and CEO, Omar Zenhom, will guide you through a variety of practical lessons that’ll offer you helpful tricks and tips on improving your business plan and navigating your fashion store in the right direction. After dropping out of the Wharton School of Business, eager to inspire fellow entrepreneurs, Omar co-creates the webinar WebinarNinja which quickly grows into an incredibly successful SaaS company. His podcast has been followed by the same success, having accumulated over 125,000 listeners a day and eventually was granted the Best of iTunes award along with other rewards.
- 101 business education
- 101 business building
- Marketing strategies
- Prospective entrepreneurs with little to zero business knowledge
- short and to the point 15-minute episodes
- valuable business lessons
- hosting plenty of business experts
- available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher
- top podcast in more than 30 countries worldwide
- Because of the episodes’ short duration, some listeners might find the podcast deficient in more detailed information and guidelines
eCommerce Momentum Podcast
Having the necessity to cover college costs for his children, the founder of this podcast, Stephen Peterson, found a way of earning extra income by giving online selling a try. Eventually, he was able to establish successful selling accounts on Amazon and eBay and thought it was a good idea to share his experience with other potential eCommerce sellers. With the purpose of helping others get past the point where they find themselves stuck and don’t see a way of going forward, Stephen created the eCommerce Momentum Podcast that covers a huge variety of topics related to running an eCommerce business including an online apparel store.
- eCommerce business
- Becoming an FBA seller
- Running eBay, Shopify, and Amazon sales
- All kinds of eCommerce entrepreneurs including fashion sellers aiming to sell on platforms such as Amazon, Shopify, and eBay
- Tips and solutions on overcoming common obstacles and recommending actions that should be taken
- Episodes consist of interviews with top sellers that have established businesses on eBay and Amazon
- Lengthy episodes that last an average of 50 minutes to an hour
When it comes to any type of clothing business, money is certainly one of the main topics of discussion. In order to assist you in wrapping your head around finance issues and how to be in charge of your capital, the National Public Radio (NPR) brings to your service the Planet Money podcast. So, whenever you need info on the latest happenings in the economy sector or are in the mood for engaging financial stories, the NPR’s podcast is always at your disposal.
- Wide range of subjects related to the economy
- Reports on current economic events
- Finance handling materials
- All entrepreneurs engaged in some type of business willing to be kept posted on news concerning the global economy and keep track of the monetary sector
- Talks with finance experts
- Detailed descriptions of important financial topics
- Can be accessed on multiple platforms
- Doesn’t necessarily focus on business-related issues, but rather on more general economic problems and occurrences
Shopify Dropify by the Cut
In case you have a Shopify-based online clothing boutique or are thinking of launching one, then the Shopify Dropify by the Cut podcast is the ideal source of information that’ll offer you a bunch of materials that cover anything from Shopify apps and features to marketing ideas and selling strategies. The host, Ben de Jonge, who is an online business owner and Shopify expert himself, does a splendid job of providing listeners with great advice related to managing their Shopify businesses and introducing beginners to the online selling platform.
- An abundance of topics associated with running and launching a Shopify store
- Both newcomers and experienced eCommerce entrepreneurs that strive toward leading a successful Shopify business
- In-depth episodes covering a variety of Shopify matters
- Discussions with a team of experts that share useful Shopify knowledge
- Certain episodes can be slightly longer than the average of 30 minutes
Inside out empowerment
Joshua Nussbaum, president of fitness and wellness company RevLabs, created the podcast Inside out empowerment with the aim of teaching others of designing their dream business and achieving outstanding results. Having climbed to the iTunes top charts, this podcast should definitely be on your to-do list as it’ll supply you with fascinating business content and marketing tools that might as well be the thing to help you elevate your designer clothing store.
- Inspirational pep talks
- Business advice
- Social media presence building
- Any entrepreneur regardless of their product niche or business idea
- Sharing relatable experience
- Interviews with well-known influencers and business owners such as Rob Moore, Calli Cholodenko, and Kaden Nguyen
- Episode lengths are quite inconsistent, varying from 10 minutes up to an hour and 30 minutes
20 Minutes with Bronwyn
With the 20 Minutes with Bronwyn podcast, personal coach, public speaker, and renowned writer, Bronwyn Saglimbeni, will teach you valuable communication skills that’ll help you get control of your fashion business and assist you in growing it to its fullest potential. Having been working with entrepreneurs for 20 years, Bronwyn is well aware of the struggles that come with running any kind of business, including both a brick-and-mortar boutique or a dropshipping clothing business, and how much good communication has an effect on it. Therefore, if you’re ready to improve your interactional abilities that might be standing in your way of growing your fashion store, there’s no quicker way to give them a boost than with Bronwyn’s informative podcast.
- Communication improvement
- Motivational speeches
- All business owners looking to conquer communication issues and get better at dealing with business conversations and challenging situations
- Relatable advice
- Diverse tips on dealing with unpleasant situations
- Thorough discussions on communicating skills
- Some episodes go well over 20 minutes, which can be a little inconvenient for those who are looking for consistently short and precise podcast episodes
How I Built This
How I Built This is another intriguing podcast produced by the NPR, offering the audience intricate episodes that cover the success stories of many well-known companies out there. Hosted by radio host and journalist Guy Raz, How I Built This is quite a captivating podcast as it dives in behind the scenes of many businesses specializing in a variety of niches including designer clothes. Some of the fashion entrepreneurs interviewed by Guy include big names such as designers Kate Spade, Kendra Scott, and Eileen Fischer to name a few.
- Background stories of large global stores, companies, and corporations
- Aspiring business owners in need of inspiration and assistance in building their companies
- Discussions with the leaders of different industries
- Comprehensive business stories
- Use of an engaging narrative method
- Consistent episode release
- Listeners are required to pay a subscription fee
- Some stories can be prolonged more than the necessary
All in all
Business podcasts can be exceptionally helpful when it comes to managing your designer clothing sales. They can shed light on successful selling hacks, provide you with advertising strategies, teach you useful facts about your industry, and even offer you a very-much needed motivation that might as well push your fashion store’s performance and productivity. So, don’t miss out to check out the intriguing audio recordings of the podcasts above as they can supply you with free advice and handy business suggestions you can then implement in your apparel store.